For those of us with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, we’ve all heard comments that make our skin crawl. I compiled a list of the top 15 things you should never say to someone about gluten or celiac!!
- Can you eat anything….?
- Are you sure you can’t just have a little bite to try it? This is really good, you’re missing out.
- Well, if you can’t go there to eat, where can you go?
- It’s not like eating a little gluten will kill you…
- I would just die if I had that allergy. I would probably just keep eating gluten. I could never give up….
- Any statement that starts with “My doctor told me…”
- Any statement that starts with “I read on the internet…”
- How can a food allergy cause that many symptoms for that long? That doesn’t seem right.
- Can’t you just drink a lot of water and flush it out when you eat gluten?
- Can’t you just take a Benadryl after you eat bread and then not have a reaction?
- Maybe I’ll try going on a gluten free diet. I heard you lose a lot of weight.
- I just heard Miley Cyrus got really skinny going gluten free, is that why you aren’t eating gluten?
- Your spouse must really hate the fact that you can’t eat gluten.
- Seems like you have to give up a lot for a minor food allergy.
- So, will you ever be able to eat gluten again?
Do you have a comment that is made to you frequently about gluten or celiac?
Post it below so we can all have a laugh and know we aren’t the only ones!