This is day 3 of our girls vacation to San Antonio. I don’t want to curse it but it’s been so far so good! I did eat a Cliff bar at the airport that had malt in it and I didn’t realize but it actually didn’t do anything to me so I guess I can say I lucked out on that one.
Yesterday we went to eat at Canyon Cafe. It was really good. I ordered tilapia tacos and they came with a slaw, black beans, rice and a wonderful sauce. I caved and ate corn. They tasted great and I didn’t have any stomach aches what so ever. I’m starting to wonder if my weight gain and the problems I was having was from the endometriosis and not corn. I actually feel amazing these past few days. I even went running in this beautiful Texas weather. (Ok full disclosure it was a run/jog for 3.5 miles but it felt great!)
I’m not sure if it’s the beautiful weather, the fact that I’m on vacation or that I’m healing but I’m high on life right now and loving it.
When’s the last time you had an “Ah-Ha moment” where life just felt great?
Sometimes I think we get caught up in the routine of gluten blah blah, celiac whatever and fail to stop and look around to see how lucky we are that we can go through all these things and hopefully end up on top. It’s wonderful to know I’m getting this gluten-free gig to be pretty manageable, can go on vacation without stressing out and am on my way to getting my health and fitness back.
Do you feel like you are in a rut or you can’t catch a break? I’ve been thinking about ways to bust the rut back in Ohio, especially with this crappy weather and here’s what I’ve come up with!
1. Limit TV watching. Whenever I travel, I very rarely watch television. I might be on the computer doing work but I’m not laying on the couch watching TV. I’m going to really try to focus on watching TV only a few times a week to bust out of that horrible rut.
2. Get back into working out now that I feel so much better. For me I know exactly what I need to do to get back into my routine at the gym. This laparoscopy was the best thing I could have done because I feel on top of the world. Are you new to fitness or looking for a new routine?
3. Plan some more trips. I know they can be expensive but they don’t have to be. Plan some time with your family, loved ones or friends and just take an overnight adventure somewhere. I love traveling and have been several places in the last few months. I find that they energize me and make me much more efficient after I get back. Take a tour of a new city or find a beautiful bed and breakfast for a romantic getaway. Sometimes we forget how important it is to sit back and relax.
4. Shut down your cell phone. Mine is always glued to my hand!! How do you think I can keep in contact with all of your beautiful PLC’s?? Between social media, games and email, I find myself constantly looking at the screen. When you are with your family, shut it down and spend time with them. Maybe even open a book!
5. Find a new hobby or renew your love or an old one. I might start swimming laps again or pick up cooking (to add recipes to this blog of course. With all the free time from electronics, I will have plenty of time for all these things.
How do you shut it down and re-energize yourself?