I used to love baking cakes and cupcakes! I had all the fancy equipment to decorate and actually was pretty good at decorating cakes. I would make them primarily for friends and family and I even did a wedding cake!
After my diagnosis, I never really got into baking again because I didn’t want to buy all the different flours and things you needed to bake with. I’ve used the Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mix and it turned out great but I just miss the whole process. I’m a perfectionist and I would love being able to make wonderful cakes that people would love!
I forgot I bought a box of gluten-free bisquick a while back and found it in the cupboard. I decided to modify one of their recipes on the box. So, here you have gluten-free raspberry shortcakes!
Gluten-Free Raspberry Shortcakes
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/3 cup gluten-free bisquick
1/3 cup grasfed butter
3/4 cup lactose free milk
1/2 tablespoon vanilla (make sure it’s gluten-free)
1 tablespoon Allspice
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3/4 cup of Enjoy life gluten-free chocolate chips
2 cups of raspberries – I used Driscoll’s
2 cups of whipping cream
1 tablespoon of vanilla
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In your mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar with the Bisquick.
- Then mix in the butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, allspice, cinnamon. Once it is mixed completely, add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop them out into the size of a fist
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Take out and let cool
- Whip the cream into whipped cream! I just put it in my KitchenAid mixer and let it do it’s thing.
- Slice the shortcakes in half and filled with whipped cream and berries, top with the same! Voila – they are done and delicious