In our house, fats are good. We never buy low-fat products and try to use wonderful and healthy fats in almost all of our meals. Although I can’t eat avocados due to my latex allergy, my husband enjoys them almost every day or every other day. So, when I came across Recipe by Photo’s baked avocado recipe, I had to try it myself.
If you don’t have latex issues, avocados are wonderful fats to incorporate in your gluten-free diet. Studies have linked avocados to cardiovascular disease improvements, weight management, diabetes, and its ability to enhance your body’s absorption of nutrients.
This recipe is probably the easiest one I will ever post.
Gluten-Free Recipe Baked Avocado
Bacon – nitrate free – organic is what we use
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Cook your bacon – crispy is better.
- Cut the avocados open, remove the seed and clean out the avocado to make room for the egg. Don’t take all the avocado out though!
- Push the bottom of the halves flat so they sit even on the baking sheet. If you don’t do this step, the eggs will shoot out of the avocados all over the place!
- Crack the egg open and drop it into the avocado, sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the egg. Do not add the cheese yet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Take out and add the shredded cheese to the top and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Take out and let cool. My husband said that was one of the best meals he had ever had.