I know, I know – I’m not the best food photographer yet! But I’m getting lessons and making steps to have fancy pictures soon I promise! I got the cute dishes and accents to make Pinterest worthy photos of all my new and fun creations.
Let’s get right down too it! I’ve been trying to come up with meals out of ingredients that we already have in our house. I made Gluten Free Stir Fry that was fabulous! What I love about stir fry is that you can really use any meat and veggies with it and it can taste delicious. This just happens to be what we had in our house at the time.
Here’s what I did…
Gluten Free Shrimp Stir Fry
1/2-1 Pound of uncooked Wild Shrimp
3 cups of cooked brown rice
2 cups of spinach
2 cups of broccoli pulled into small bite pieces
1 cup of frozen edamame
1 cup of chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon of garlic salt
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Gluten Free Soy Sauce – I use San-J
1. Start cooking your brown rice – you want the shrimp and rice to be done around the same time.
2. Thaw and peel the shrimp. Cut into bit size pieces and cook in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the garlic. The uncooked shrimp tastes a million times better than the already cooked and frozen shrimp. When it turns white and pink – it’s done.
3. Place the spinach, broccoli, edamame, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic salt and onion powder in a deep skillet with medium heat covered until the spinach begins to wilt. You can obviously try any veggies to your liking in this dish because it’s so versatile!
4. Take 1/4 cup of soy sauce and mix all of the vegetables together with the shrimp. Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
5. When the mixture looks blended add another 1/4 cup of soy sauce and the 3 cups of rice to the mixture. Use a large spoon to really mix the ingredients together.
6. Serve with your favorite gluten-free wontons or egg rolls. We love the Feel Good Foods brand! Non greasy and yummy!