Gluten-Free Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
1lb of grass-fed ground beef
1 cup uncooked tricolor quinoa
3 oz Fontina cheese cubed
2 cups of fresh spinach
3 large peppers
1 oz Asiago and Fontina shredded cheese
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Start the Quinoa – it should take about 15-20 minutes to cook depending on what brand you buy
- Wash and clean out the peppers to make a big empty pepper cup.
- Brown the beef with the coconut oil in a skillet. Once it’s almost done, add the spinach in and cover for about 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted into the meat. You might want to stir it in so it’s not just sitting on top.
- When the quinoa is done, add the Fontina cheese and the beef mix. Get everything melted and into a nice consistency.
- Use a casserole or meatloaf dish to put the peppers in. Fill them up with the mixture and put in the oven for about 17 minutes (we like our peppers a little crispy but if you want them soft, you should leave them in longer).
- Take them out at the timer and add the shredded cheese on the top of them along with the Parmesan cheese. We are a cheesy household so you can put as much or as little as you would like on the top.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes so the cheese can melt. Take them out and let cool for about 10 minutes.